San Jose Costa Rica Plus
Experience the natural beauty and spirituality of this natural wonderland as you visit the best that Costa Rica has to offer—On this wonderful journey you will experience wildlife through inland water-ways, stay at a jungle lodge, have a relaxing message in a Spa next to a Volcano (inactive); Enjoy lunch as you cruise on a deluxe Catamaran
Costa Rica offers you one of the world’s greatest collections of rain forests, wild rivers, unspoiled beaches, wildlife, mountains and volcanoes. With its unique combination of beauty and spirituality, it’s the ultimate refreshment for your body, mind and soul.
Enjoy this unique “Vacation with a Reward!”
Most of us look forward to our vacations and take a traditional holiday. But how much better would it be if you could combine great destinations, sightseeing, local cuisine and atmosphere with an opportunity to “give back?”
We are privileged to partner with Costa Rican Humanitarian Foundation to create a combination of traditional touring with participating in CRHF renowned “A Bed for Every Child” program and Dream Pillow program that assists children and their families who live in poverty in Costa Rica.
Costa Rican Humanitarian Foundation is an organization serving children and their families living in severe poverty. The renowned service program you will be participating in is called “A Bed for Every Child.” The children, typically sleeping on the floors of tiny dwellings made of tin and concrete blocks, are susceptible to all sorts of parasites and illness. CRHF treats them with medicines to purge the parasites and then gives them a bed of their own so they will not be infected again. CRHF has a standard, simple design for the sturdy bunk beds that often have to be broken down and then reassembled on-site inside the tiny homes. The children and their families participate with us in these projects and the joy touches the hearts of all involved. The bed is typically the best piece of furniture the proud family now owns.
- Round-trip international flights
- Round-trip transfers between airport and hotel
- Accommodations in the 1st Class hotels
- U.S. airline and hotel taxes
- Service charges at hotels
- Breakfast every day
- Additional meals included as per itinerary
- Local bilingual guides for sightseeing
- Sightseeing tours, as per itinerary, including entrance fees
- Pre-Paid Gratuities
- Visit to the Arenal Volcano
- Full day Catamaran cruise including lunch
- Contribution on your behalf to the Fundacion Neotropica to benefit Costa Rica’s eco-tourism
- Participating in the CRHF “Bed-Making program
- Costa Rican Humantarian Foundation service program
- “Dream Pillow” program
- Community Project coordinated by the Fundacion Humanitaria
Volunteer Projects in Costa Rica include:
- The Costa Rican Humanitarian Foundation is an organization serving children and their families living in severe poverty. The renowned service program you will be participating in is called “A Bed for Every Child.” The children, typically sleeping on the floors of tiny dwellings made of tin and concrete blocks, are susceptible to all sorts of parasites and illness. CRHF treats them with medicines to purge the parasites and then gives them a bed of their own so they will not be infected again. CRHF has a standard, simple design for the sturdy bunk beds that often have to be broken down and then reassembled on-site inside the tiny homes. The children and their families participate with us in these projects and the joy touches the hearts of all involved. The bed is typically the best piece of furniture the proud family now owns.
- The “Dream Project” pairs you with a local student and together discuss the student’s dreams for this art project. We have found it to be a valuable opportunity in teaching children the value of dreaming: how important it is to have dreams, to wish for things, to have goals in life…..and how visualizing ones dreams in this way and keeping them near you while you sleep helps your dreams come true.
- There will be Gift-Giving to children of poverty. They have very little and are genuinely appreciative of even the smallest presents: pens, pencils, crayons, markers, storybooks or educational toys, etc. that are great motivators for the kids.
Donation to Fundacion Neotropica on Your Behalf
As temporal inhabitants of this planet, RMC Travel is donating $25 in your name for this organization. In exchange you will not only receive the satisfaction of collaborating to preserve the richness of the tropics, but will also receive a certificate from the Fundación Neotrópica, a special membership card valid for 3 months and the latest Newsletter as you help Save the Planet.
The Fundación Neotrópica, is a private, non-profit organization that aims to transform existing natural resource management practices in the neotropics into sustainable practices that protect our natural heritage and improve the quality of life for present and future communities. The Fundación Neotrópica promotes all activities that aim to conserve Costa Rica’s natural riches
TOUR ITINERARY – (B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner)
Day 1. Friday: US/San Jose (D)
Depart on your international flight to San Jose. Arrive same day. Clear Immigration, Baggage Claim and Customs. Meet your local tour representative. Transfer to our hotel. Late afternoon. meeting with Costa Rica’s Costa Rican Humantarian Foundation staff to discuss the service projects that you will be participating in tomorrow. Group Dinner. Overnight San Jose.
Day 2. Saturday: In San Jose. CRHF Orientation/ CRHF Bed Making Program (B/L/D)
Breakfast will be followed by a transfer to CRHF’s home base at La Carpio. Here is where we participate in the program that features beds that are a standard, simple design for building sturdy bunk beds that after constructing will be personally delivered to the children and their families. Experience the joy that touches the hearts of all involved. The bed is typically the best piece of furniture the proud family now owns. Lunch will be provided for everyone. Return to the hotel for free time and dinner. Overnight San Jose.
Day 3. Sunday: In San Jose. CRHF Bed Making Program & Dream Pillow (B/L/D)
This morning after last minute completion of the bed deliveries we return to CRHF for lunch. After lunch, participate in CRHFrenowned Magic Dream Pillow Workshop. Here we’ll be paired with a student and together discuss the student’s dreams for this art project. We have found it to be a valuable opportunity to teach the children the value of dreaming: how important is to have dreams, to wish for things, to have goals in life…..and how visualizing ones dreams in this way and keeping them near you while you sleep helps dreams come true. Using fabric, non-toxic paints and markers (travelers will bring them), the children create designs and affirmations, as well as put their names on their pillowcases. Sayings such things as Sweet Dreams, Dreams Come True, etc. Each child will leave with a Dream Pillow. We have found that this program gives these children an experience that can affect them very positively for years to come. Dinner at our hotel. Overnight San Jose.
Day 4. Thursday: In San Jose. “Gracias Costa Rica “ Community Volunteer Project (B/L)
This morning we will work with the Gracias Costa Rica program where we will participate in various volunteer activities such as renovating and refurbishing school equipment, painting a classroom/tables and/or chairs in the local school. Help rebuild and clean up areas that have been left impoverished. Return to the hotel for some well-deserved R & R. Dinner on our own at nearby San Jose to try some of the wonderful local restaurants. Overnight San Jose.
Day 5. Tuesday: To Arenal (B/L/D)
After breakfast the journey continues to the Arenal Volcano area as we travel through the Costa Rican countryside. The Arenal Volcano is considered one of the most active volcanoes in the world; it has been active since 1968 when it suddenly exploded. Nowadays, trees and vegetation are starting to regenerate in some areas of the volcanoes base. Soon you will see the Volcano hot spring, which are the result of rainwater heated in the Earth’s interior. Once heated, the waters rise to surface, taking with them minerals found in the earth’s rocky crust; this way, waters become very benefic to our bodies because of its temperature that helps to relax muscles, clean pores and rejuvenate the skin. We will make a stop for lunch along the way before arrival at Arenal. Relax this afternoon. Overnight and dinner in Arenal.
Day 6, Wednesday: In Arenal (B/L)
Today, it’s a full-day tour of the Caño Negro Wildlife Refuge and the Rio Frío, both areas considered to be one of the richest in biological diversity in Costa Rica. Our first stop is Los Chiles; a culturally mixed village located only 2 miles from the Nicaraguan border. There a boat awaits us for a river adventure. We will cruises for about 2 ½ hours on a floating Safari of the Tropical Rain Forest, pastures and marshes. The trip includes a typical Costa Rican lunch, with regional fruits, natural juices and coffee, all served for the visitors’ comfort at the new Restaurant Río Frío; canned drinks, natural juices and more during the boat tour. Dinner on our own. Overnight in Arenal.
Day 7, Thursday: To Manuel Antonio – Catamaran Cruise (B/L/D)
We depart for Manuel Antonio, one of the most beautiful spots in Costa Rica, Along the way, we will have we will board have a special day of cruising onboard the Calypso’s super catamaran Manta Raya. With its expansive deck area that includes 2 deck pools, we will enjoy a level of cruising luxury and comfort in 100% Calypso style.
Day 7, Friday: To San Jose Airport (B)
We depart Manuel Antonio To San Jose airport and board our flight home.
NOTE: This is a sample itinerary for group tour leaders.
It is a suggestion to assist teachers, religious leaders, organization heads, authors, speakers and other leaders who are planning a travel program for their group.
Your organization could go on a tour like this.
To get started CLICK HERE
Filed under: Central & South America
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!